We encourage and greatly appreciate thought leaders and industry professionals to share their innovations, experiences and ideas with their peers in the records and information management sector. We believe that the profession grows stronger when we share our knowledge and experience, and informatsy aims to be the conduit of those ideas.
You can submit your content by emailing Editorial. We also encourage you to review the following submission guidelines before hand.
Submissions that do not meet requirements may not be accepted for publication.
General Submission Guidelines
- Informatsy accepts the following content formats: News/Features/Blog, Video, Podcasts, Photo Slideshows & Infographics.
- Content should be between 500-1500 words. Contact Editorial if you feel you need more or less space.
- Do not submit content that is promotional in any way. Content should be informational, educational, entertaining, insightful or procedural.
- When quoting others’ work, include attributions in the body text. This should refer to the author and publication, and a link back to the original post. No footnotes, endnotes or reference lists.
- You may link back to your website/blog in the body text (in a natural, SEO-friendly way) and in your Author Bio. These may include track backs.
- You should also link to outside resources in the body text in a natural, SEO-friendly way.
- Include 3-5 subheads.
- Use bullet points (when applicable) for easy scanning.
- All forms of multimedia are welcome for embedding into a post.
Voice + Tone
- Thought Leaders: We strive to be thought leaders in the industry, looking at major problems, rising trends, and innovative ideas effecting the records and information management industry
- Data Driven: Use stats and studies from reputable researchers when possible.
- Problems & Solutions: Our readers love to know what they’re doing wrong or poorly, but be sure to give them some solutions to those problems, too.
- Visual: Be as visual as you can in. All forms of multimedia are welcome to drive your message home.
- Tone: Casual and friendly, like you’re talking shop with a friend over a few drinks.
- Headlines should include a keyword phrase and be under 8 words long (approx. 56 characters, including spaces)
- Body text should include at least one link to another Informatsy or landing page relating to the post content and keyword phrase
- Body text should include at least one link to outside sources (blog post, video, podcast, infographic, whitepaper, downloadables, etc.)
- The post summary should include the post’s keyword phrase and any alternate keywords while also accurately describing the post’s content.
- The post summary should be between 150-160 characters (including spaces).
What We Need From You
- Your byline
- A short author bio (approx. 50 words)
- Author headshot (JPG or PNG)
- Your post (sent as a Word or Pages document)
- Post Summary (approx. 150-160 characters)
- A Hero Image (optional)
- Any multimedia (photos/graphics/video/audio/social media) that should be embedded into the post
- Proof of right of use for any stock images and video used in the post
- Your contact info (for internal use only)
Once received, Editorial will look over your submission. If accepted, you will be notified of its slated publication date.
A note on our editing process…
Infromatsy will edit your story for grammar, spelling, style and SEO, while doing our best to keep the tone and personality of the piece intact. We’ll try to work with the author on any edits, but cannot make promises they’ll get final editorial control.
We generally re-write headlines and subheads to conform with our style guide and SEO best practices.
We don’t condone or actively practice censorship, but Informatsy reserves the right to exercise editorial judgement.
- You don’t need to be a Records & Information Management industry expert to be accepted on Informatsy. Informatsy accepts posts from a diverse group of people with varying background and experiences. You just need a fresh or interesting idea for a post and a computer to write it on. Content is all reviewed based on its merit, not the byline.
- Our primary target audience are records and information managers; secondarily management staff across all divide. Keep this in mind when crafting your content.
- We’re interested in any records & information management-related topic that our target audience would find useful and interesting.
- We love embedded multimedia, so feel free to get creative with your visuals.
By submitting your content to Informatsy you’re agreeing to the following items:
- Informatsy has exclusivity rights to the content being submitted. Submitted content cannot be reposted onto other publications until 30 days after it goes live on informatsy.com and must have different headlines and subheads.
- That you share your post on infromatsy on your social media accounts and newsletters.
- That you have copyright permission to use any stock photos, audio and music embedded in the post.
- The content is original and not plagiarized, and uses proper citations for works quoted.
- Work submitted may be repurposed for other project needs such as lead-gen PDF download handbooks and guides.
In return, Informatsy promises the following:
- To give you full credit for the content you created, with links back to your site(s).
- To promote your content on Infromatsy,
- To promote your content on informatsy social media accounts, including but not withstanding – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram – with mentions to your social account.